BWF provides the opportunity for research institutions and individuals to apply for research grants to assist in the funding of applied sports science research in badminton.
The BWF Sports Science Commission has three key goals and the research grants assist in achieving these goals:
- To encourage and widen interest and investment in applied research in Badminton.
- To improve the level and quantity of scientific material available to players, coaches and badminton practitioners.
- To contribute towards the increased knowledge of performance and safety at the international level – of coaches and players.
The BWF has a research grant budget of $70,000 for 2018 – 2019 grant applications.
Individuals and institutions can apply for a grant to assist in their research projects in badminton. In this year’s funding, BWF are particular interest in research connected to the health benefits of badminton and injury prevention.
Grant applications may come from institutions or individual academics conducting research in any of the following areas relevant and specifically applicable to badminton.
BWF 2018 – 2019 Research Grant application process is now close.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply to the BWF Research Grants, the following steps need to be taken:
1. Download and read the Request for Proposal Guidelines
2. Read the important instructions before filling in the online form
3. Apply online using the Online Application Form
Applications close on Friday 10 August 2018
If you need any further assistance or clarification on the application process, please contact BWF Development Manager Rodrigo Pacheco – [email protected]