The BWF Coach Education Level 1 is the first of the four levels in the Coach Education framework. Launched at the beginning of 2012, it is the most fundamental course for Badminton Coaches.
Currently available in seven languages – Czech, English, French, Portuguese, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish – BWF are currently translating this resource into further language versions.
The manual, which is available FREE online, consists of 12 modules – outlining the Basic Coaching Principles of:
- What to Coach – explaining the basic technical, tactical, and physical elements.
- How to Coach – defining the basic elements of Coaching Methodology
- Planning and Delivery of progressive coaching sessions
The key Coach Level 1 resources are:
- Coaches Manual – divided into 12 modules is the main learning resource for Coaches. The content areas include the role of the coach; planning and preparation for coaching, delivery and evaluation of coaching; technical aspects of Badminton; physical preparation; fundamental sports science; tactics and its practical application in competition.
- Tutors’ Manual – a Coach Educator/Tutors’ booklet for delivering the Level 1 course.
- Instructional Video Clips – supporting video clips to assist in the learning and delivery of the coaching sessions. This resource includes a comprehensive range of video clips demonstrating the fundamentals of the physical, technical and tactical elements of Badminton.
All Coach Level 1 videos are readily available online at BadmintonWorld.Tv
Register for BWF’s Coach Level 1 Manual today using these simple steps:
- Register your details
- Log-in using password provided in confirmation email
Already have a username and password? Login here.
For more information OR if you have questions, contact the BWF Development Team at [email protected]