Research Grants Online Application
BWF Research Grants
Our 2018 Research Grants application process is now closed. Our 2019-2020 process will reopen in May 2019.
Before you start your application, please read the following steps carefully, which will assist you in preparing the information and documents you will need and answering the questions you will be asked in the process.
- Every field has clear written instructions for filling up the particular section which should be strictly followed by the applicants while filling up the form.
- Ensure that all the Evaluation Criteria in the Request for Proposal Guidelines are addressed.
- Once the form is completed, you can submit your application by clicking the “Send Application” button.
- Your Application, along with the required documentation, will be automatically sent to the BWF Development Team.
Applicants must upload the following supporting documents with their application:
- Researcher Curriculum Vitae
- Endorsement letter from your Academic Institution, Research Center or from your Sport Organisation*
- Detailed budget breakdown in Excel format
* Endorsement Letter from your university/institution stating the research is being undertaken with the oversight of the university / institution’s academic programme
It is your responsibility to provide all supporting documents. Applications where information or documentation is incomplete may not be considered.
- When can I apply for the 2018-2019 BWF Research Grants?
The BWF Research Application process is open from Monday 04 June 2018 to Friday 10 August 2018. Applicants are encouraged to check the BWF Education website for further information, applicant guidelines and eligibility criteria.
- Where can I submit an application?
Applications must be submitted using the below online form. The online application allows you to submit your complete application securely and quickly.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible during the application period due to the large volume of users on the system in the lead up to the closing date. Submitting early ensures that you will not have any last minute technical problems due to the large number of applications being submitted.
- How can I be sure my application has been submitted?
Once you have completed your application and click on the Send Application button – a notification will appear advising your application has successfully been submitted.
Furthermore, once you click on the submit button, you will receive a system generated email containing the copy of your application. Please keep a copy of this email for your records. If you have submitted but did not receive a notification email, you may contact BWF Development Manager Rodrigo Pacheco at [email protected]
- How long will it take to have my application assessed?
As the BWF Research Programme attracts a large number of applications from all over the world overseas, the processing time for applications takes between 4-5 weeks. All applicants, both successful and unsuccessful are notified of the outcome of their application.
- If my application has been unsuccessful, can I be provided with information as to why?
Due to the high volume of applications received, the department does not provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
- Should I submit additional documents not listed in the supporting documents of the applicant guidelines?
No. Applicants should not include additional documents which are not listed in the supporting documents table as they will not be taken into consideration. To ensure a fair and equitable assessment, applications are only assessed on the required documents listed in the Supporting Documents section.